What is a doula? And why would I want one?
Doula comes from the Greek word meaning “servant”. A doula is an experienced professional who provides emotional, physical and educational support before, during, and after childbirth. She is there to help you discover and support your wishes for your birth and help guide you through the process. She understands the physiological changes a woman must go through to give birth . She will remind you to change positions, offer you ice chips or water, suggest different positions or coping techniques when labor seems overwhelming. She will give you reassurance when you and your partner need it most. A doula can bring the confidence and reassurance to help you let go of your fears and allow your child to be born.
Studies have shown that when a doula is present there is:
31% Decrease in the use of Pitocin
28% Decrease in the risk of C-section
12% Increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth
9% Decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief
14% Decrease in the risk of newborns being admitted to a special care nursery
34% Decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience
Click here to learn more about the benefits of a doula.
The Birth Package:
- At least 1 prenatal meetings to discover and discuss your birth preferences
- Access to Birth Experience’s lending library
- Any questions you may have throughout your pregnancy answered via phone call, text, facebook or e-mail
- Continuous labor and delivery support
- Up to 2 hours of immediate postpartum and breastfeeding support
- At least 1 postpartum visit within the first week after delivery
To set up a free consultation with one of our amazing doulas contact us today!
Call or text: (405) 496-3537